Country Manager, Malaysia
Toku’s mission is to help companies engage with their customers efficiently. We have helped companies move all the voice communications to the cloud and recently embarked on creating products that help companies engage with their customers no matter where their employees are working from.
Toku is currently getting into a scale-up mode. We want to continue creating momentum for our products in the APAC region and helping customers with their communications needs. As we build our foundation, we are looking for an experienced Country Manager who builds and oversees the entire operation in Malaysia. Want to be part of our journey?
We are seeking someone with existing contacts in Fortune 500 and FTSE Bursa Malaysia 100 companies. The Country Manager for Malaysia will wear many hats and the successful candidate will be highly entrepreneurial, but also comfortable in a corporate environment, building relationships with senior enterprise stakeholders. Your goal will be to win extensive market share in Malaysia in close coordination with Toku’s Singaporean headquarters.
As Country Manager for Malaysia, you will:
- Participate in all customer acquisition efforts; creating a pipeline and accompanying prospects through a consultative sales process with the assistance of our regional technical sales team in Singapore.
- Hire, develop and manage a local business development team in KL that engages with Toku’s customers and prospects in business, product and leadership departments across all industries.
- Own the entire P&L of our Malaysian entity and grow the revenue in your territory.
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure the desired results and consistency with the overall strategy and mission.
- Establish deep working relationships across the company to help recommend ways to improve Toku’s go-to-market approach.
- Collaborate with our product team to roll out new solutions and features for our CPaaS, UCaaS and CCaaS activities.
- Grow our brand locally by driving high-impact partnerships and representing us as the local spokesperson.
- Assist Toku’s legal team in ensuring full compliance with all applicable laws, codes, and regulations in Malaysia.
- 10+ years of progressive, relevant experience working with Enterprise software companies and selling complex transformative products; SaaS / Cloud solutions
- Minimum 5 years of in-country presence and a track record in building high-performing teams in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, engineering, computer science, business, or related fields.
- A passion for Cloud technology and innovation in the customer engagement space.
- Proven success in being accountable for P&L, responsible for headcount, budgeting, setting and meeting financial targets.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with proven experience growing a national team and developing a customer portfolio from scratch in a new market.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Superior negotiation skills and the ability to be likeable yet persistent.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills with great attention to detail.
- Experience with high-growth technology company demands.
- C-Level English, both written and spoken, and native knowledge of Malay.
- Advanced experience with MS 365 and Confluence is preferable.
- A basic understanding of Salesforce and ServiceNow is valuable.
- Telco knowledge is a plus but not mandatory.
- The position is based in KL and will require frequent travel to Singapore.