Toku’s mission is to help companies engage with their customers efficiently. We have helped companies move all the voice communications to the cloud and recently embarked on creating products that help companies keep engaging with their customers no matter where their employees are working from.
Toku is currently getting into a scale-up mode. We want to continue creating momentum for our products in the APAC regions and helping customers with their communications needs. As we build the Operations foundation, we are looking for an experienced Database Administrator who can help with scaling and maintaining Toku’s databases. Want to be part of our journey?
What would you be doing?
You will report to our Database Manager. You will be responsible for designing, testing, planning, implementing, protecting, operating, managing, and maintaining Toku’s databases. Tenacity, ownership, and the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing, exciting software environment are the key skills needed to excel in this position. If making an impact every day is important to you, and you enjoy tackling new challenges, you will love working at Toku. High-performing individuals will be expected and encouraged to take on leadership and management roles as the company grows. This role is based in Bangalore.
What would you be responsible for:
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards.
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modelling.
- Establish the needs of users and monitor user access and security.
- Consider both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users.
- Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users.
- Strong command of SQL and SQL Development.
- Refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model; further refine the physical design to meet system storage requirements.
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
- Control access permissions and privileges.
- Develop, manage, and test back-up and recovery plans.
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly.
- Carry out capacity planning.
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Commission and install new applications and customise existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- At least five years of experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture, or a related field.
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments.
- Extensive experience with RDBMS database technologies (MariaDB/MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL).
- Knowledge on NoSQL databases (MongoDB) a plus.
- Knowledge on scripting languages (Shell / Python) a plus.
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) a plus.
- Good communication, teamwork, and negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- An understanding of information legislation, such as the Data Protection Act.
What would you get?
- Flexible working locations
- Training and Development
- Discretionary Yearly Bonus & Salary Review
- Healthcare Coverage based on location
- 20 days Paid Annual Leave (excluding Bank holidays)
If you would love to experience working in a start-up growing at an accelerated speed, and you think you tick most of the requirements, join us!