Toku’s mission is to help companies engage with their customers efficiently. We have helped companies move all the voice communications to the cloud and recently embarked on creating products that help companies keep engaging with their customers no matter where their employees are working from.
Toku is currently getting into a scale-up mode. We want to continue creating momentum for our products in the APAC regions and helping customers with their communications needs. As we build the Operations foundation, we are looking for an experienced SMS Engineer who can help with support, performance optimization, and real-time processing tasks. Want to be part of our journey?
What would you be doing?
You will report to our Head of Operations. You will be the point of contact for SMS and provide subject matter expertise to the broader support team. Drive and manage customer-related projects, initiatives, and tasks for strategic accounts that use white-labelled SMS solutions. Taking ownership of supporting the SMS platform, work with the development and support teams to mitigate issues.
- Provide feedback to Carrier and Routing teams to improve service options and pro-actively share knowledge with customers and colleagues alike.
- Setting up client and vendor connections and campaigns, performing traffic measurement and analysis.
- Configuration of short codes, long codes, and 2-way numbers.
- Customer/Vendor testing, regular monitoring, and trouble ticket handling.
- Performing root cause analysis for message failures with the help of Wireshark and platform logs.
- Interact with clients/vendors for requirement analysis and help them resolve issues quickly.
- Provide guidance and NOC support for SMS-related issues.
- Working with Finance for dispute resolution.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- 2 – 5 years full-time, hands-on experience in an SMS engineer capacity with operational expertise in SMPP 3.4, HTTP, SS7, MNP, HLR, TCP/IP, and UDP.
- Excellent understanding of GSM Standard and strong knowledge of SMS character encoding and GSM-7 and UCS2 character set.
- Prior working experience in a messaging company and/or SAAS platforms like Alaris Labs would be a plus point.
- Familiar with developers' tools and languages like shell scripting and Python.
- Comfortable working with SQL queries on relational databases like Oracle and MySQL.
- Should be aware of Google RCS, WhatsApp business API working and process.
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels, within and outside the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, good aptitude, strong reasoning, and debugging skills.
- Work effectively within a team environment, perform documentation, and conduct internal/external training as needed.
- Experience supporting L3 incidents, customer/vendor escalations, and adhering to SLAs.
What would you get?
- Flexible working locations
- Training and Development
- Discretionary Yearly Bonus & Salary Review
- Healthcare Coverage based on location
- 20 days Paid Annual Leave (excluding Bank holidays)
If you would love to experience working in a start-up growing at an accelerated speed, and you think you tick most of the requirements, join us!