System Engineer Intern
Reporting the the Senior Network Engineer, you will be part of the Operations Team responsible for efficient day-to-day support and providing resolutions to technical issues across a wide scope of customers and tech environments.
This is a 6 months internship with the possibility of moving in a full-time position afterwards.
- Respond to phone calls and e-mail requests for a variety of technical support issues
- Follow up with incidents and monitoring alerts related to system
- Document, assign, track and monitor tickets to ensure a timely resolution
- Identify, research and resolve basic technical problems by guiding internal and external stakeholders through applications, troubleshooting issues and performing testing as necessary to replicate issues
- Proactively manage multiple trouble tickets and follow through to resolution
- Provide all manners of support including installation, configuration and maintenance
- Provide troubleshooting and de-bugging of system
- Standby 24/7 as and when needed for operational / maintenance services, even during weekends and Public Holidays
(Don't be scared by the long list of requirements. We are aware that we are hard to please. Each of us in the team wears many hats, but we were not born with all those skills, we learnt them! Which also means that we are aware you might have some gaps to fill)
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology or relevant field
- Possess basic knowledge in database application such as (not limited to) Oracle, MongoDB, and MySQL
- Familiar with IT system (Linux & Windows) administration
- Resourceful with a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to accept unfamiliar tasks and projects as well as changes in work assignments and responsibilities
- Experience with O365, WordPress, Jira, Confluence and/or HubSpot will be a plus
- Proficiency in Mandarin both verbal and written will be an added advantage
If you would love to experience working in a start-up growing at an accelerated speed, and you think you tick most of the requirements, come join us!